Why You Should Read This Blog
Thank you for your interest and welcome to The Survivalist Blog dot Net. We are dedicated to helping ordinary people—people who live on a budget–prepare for an uncertain future.
My name is M.D. Creekmore and I am a full-time survival author, blog writer, and emergency preparedness consultant. I am the author of “31 Days to Survival” and ”The Dirt Cheap Survival Retreat“ both published by Paladin Press. This blog has more than 3,000 articles posted on survival and self-reliance topics.
Over the years I have studied all facets of survivalism. I have learned what works and, more importantly, what does not work. My main goal is to show ordinary people how to become better prepared for an uncertain future. The articles here are based on real-world experience. You will find helpful tips, guides and checklists – focusing on a very modest budget. Most importantly, you will find a preparedness community whose members are willing to help each other learn and how in the journey of self-reliance and self-sufficiency.
Who am I?
- I am a certified gunsmith
- Certified CPR / First Aid / AED
- Completed FEMA courses “Leadership & Influence”, “Effective Communications” and “Are You Ready? An In-Depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness”
- Tennessee Handgun Training Completed
- KY Hunter Education Completed
- Over 25 Years Hunting, Tapping, Outdoor and Shooting Experience
- A Dedicated Student of Military History and Small Unit Tactics
- A Dedicated Student of Collapsed Civilizations
- I hold a Second Degree Black Belt in Shotokan Karate
- I’ve been homeless living in a tent for several months (Personal SHTF event)
- Lived completely off the power-grid for over 3 years in a travel trailer
- A Jack-of-All-Trades Handyman
- Over 20 Years Prepping Experience
- Currently, I Own and Operate a 5 1/2 Acre Homestead in TN
You may find other preparedness sites giving the impression that you need fancy freeze-dried foods, a massive gun collection, a Hummer equipped with a gun turret and a 50 acre retreat secluded in some remote mountain top of Idaho. Although this may seem attractive on some level, it is not possible for the average Joe (or the average Jane). More importantly, you don’t need a six-figure income to help your family become better prepared.
It is my firm belief and conviction, backed with life experience that you can be practical, live efficiently well within your means and take positive, incremental steps towards preparedness success – all with minimal finances. Let me show you how to do it.
Thank you for checking us out. I hope you will grab a cup of coffee and sit down with us for a while. Feel free to use any of my free online resources, read the posted articles – past and present, and join in with the lively discussions. What you will find is a large community of like-minded people and families all across America, willing to support each other, helping prepare for an uncertain future.
Is The Survivalist Blog Right For You?
There are at least one hundred and one blogs out there about prepping, survival and emergency preparedness. So why read The Survivalist blog?
What You Will Never Find On This Blog
Expensive survival advice suggesting $35,000 survival gun collections, bug out air planes, $10,000 solar set-ups, $75,000 bug out vehicles or other nonsense fit only for the wealthy who think that they can buy their way to safety.
No armchair commando survival advice. We live what we write on a daily basis, and everything is tested and retested so you know it can be relied on when needed.
Who is this blog not for?
- Those who only think about survival yet never get off the couch to do anything to prepare or learn needed skills.
- Those who think preparedness comes from buying the latest survival gear or related gadget.
- Those who think the term ”survivalist” is in any way connected to being a racist, extremist or other radical.
- Those who advocate violence of any kind against anyone unless it is to save your life or that of another.
If any of the above describes you, then please move on because this blog is not for you.