M.D. Creekmore is a Paladin Press best-selling author and has had his articles published in American Survival Guide magazine, Survivalist Magazine and Backwoodsman magazine. He is the author of four prepper related books including:
- The Prepper’s Guide to Surviving the End of the World, as We Know It: Gear, Skills, and Related Know-How It
- 31 Days to Survival: A Complete Plan for Emergency Preparedness
- Dirt-Cheap Survival Retreat: One Man’s Solution
- The Prepared Prepper’s Cookbook: Over 170 Pages of Food Storage Tips, and Recipes From Preppers All Over America!
He has also been referenced by many online blogs and websites and is a regular contributor to LewRockwell. He has over 20 years homesteading and prepping experience and is considered one of the nation’s top emergency preparedness experts. Jack Spirko from the survival podcast says; M.D. Creekmore has some great information and insights on modern survival living.
He is a full-time survival author, blog writer, emergency preparedness consultant and editor of TheSurvivalistBlog.net.
The SurvivalistBlog.net is dedicated to helping ordinary people—people who live on a budget–prepare for an uncertain future.
Over the years, I’ve studied all facets of survivalism and have learned what works and, more importantly, what doesn’t. My calling is to teach others how to become better prepared for an uncertain future.
My books and articles are based on real-world experience. You will find helpful tips, guides, and checklists – focusing on a very modest budget.
- I’m is a certified gunsmith.
- Certified in CPR / First Aid / AED.
- Completed FEMA courses “Leadership & Influence”, “Effective Communications” and “Are You Ready? An In-Depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness”.
- Tennessee handgun training completed.
- KY Hunter Education Completed.
- Over 25 years hunting, trapping, outdoor and shooting experience.
- A dedicated student of military history and small unit tactics.
- A dedicated student of collapsed civilizations.
- I’m a second-degree black belt in Shotokan Karate.
- I’ve been homeless and lived in a tent for several months (Personal SHTF event and a learning experience).
- I lived completely off the power grid for over three years in a travel trailer.
- I’m a jack-of-all-trades handyman.
- I have over 20 years prepping experience.
- I currently, own and operate a 5 1/2 acre homestead in TN.
- I’ve been interviewed and consulted as a content expert for American Survival Guide Magazine.
- I’ve written articles for Survivalist Magazine.
- I’ve been mentioned in and online at Mother Earth News and Backwoods Home magazines.
- I’ve also been referenced in hundreds of online blogs, forums, and websites and in several books by other authors.
There are at least one hundred and one blogs out there about prepping, survival and emergency preparedness. So why read The Survivalist blog?
What You Will Never Find Here…
No armchair commando survival advice. We live what we write on a daily basis, and everything is tested and retested so you know it can be relied on when needed.
Who Is This Site Not For?
- Those who only think about survival yet never get off the couch to do anything to prepare or learn needed skills.
- Those who think preparedness comes from buying the latest survival gear or gadget.
- Those who think the term “survivalist” is in any way connected to being a racist, extremist or other radical.
- Those who advocate violence of any kind against anyone unless it is to save your life or that of another.
If any of the above describes you, then please move on because this website is not for you.
You may find other survival / prepping websites giving the impression that you need fancy freeze-dried foods, a massive gun collection, a hummer equipped with a gun turret and a 50-acre retreat secluded in some remote mountain top in Idaho.
Although this may seem attractive on some level, it is not possible for the average Joe (or the average Jane). More importantly, you don’t need a six-figure income to help your family become better prepared.
It is my firm belief and conviction, backed with life experience that you can be practical, live efficiently and well within your means and still take positive, incremental steps towards preparedness success – all with minimal finances. Let me show you how to do it…
Please feel free to subscribe to my newsletter below – you’ll get exclusive, content that you cannot find here on the site as well as site updates delivered to your email inbox so you’ll never miss out on any of our free information.