1. Reps challenge DHS ammo buys, say agency using 1,000 more rounds per person than Army : “Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz said Thursday that the Department of Homeland Security is using roughly 1,000 rounds of ammunition more per person than the U.S. Army, as he and other lawmakers sharply questioned DHS officials on their “massive” bullet buys.”
2. Congress Prepares $100 Million Bipartisan Flu Tax : “Congress is preparing to take action on a bipartisan proposal to raise taxes on flu vaccines. This is not a tax on the wealthy, but rather on a broad swath of Americans, or at least those who choose to be immunized against the flu.”
3. H7N9 Bird Flu Spreads Beyond Mainland China As Taiwan Reports First Case : “Taiwan today reported its first case of deadly H7N9 bird flu, and said three hospital staff that had contact with the patient had developed symptoms.”
AT AMAZON, Doomsday Preppers Season 2.
4. Five Key Factors That Will Drive Silver Prices To $250 : “Because the global silver market is relatively small, silver prices tend to be more volatile; the pounding selloff we witnessed in silver this past month is a testament to that fact. But volatility works both ways, so when silver rises, its price can explode higher.”
6. FBI Using Websites to Catch Would-Be Terrorists : “It had the trappings of an actual extremist website: Photos of gun-toting fighters and a flowery exhortation to, “Come and join your lion brothers … fighting under the true banner of Islam.” Except, it wasn’t what it seemed. It was a sham site constructed and controlled by the FBI with the aim of snaring would-be terrorists in the virtual world before they could carry out real-world harm.”
7. W.Va. Teen Arrested After ‘Almost Inciting Riot’ Wearing NRA Shirt to School : “A West Virginia teen arrested and accused of nearly inciting a riot after a confrontation with a teacher over his National Rifle Association t-shirt has inspired dozens of students across his county to wear similar apparel in solidarity.”