1. Over a Foot of Hail Swamps New Mexico Town : “A lone thunderstorm dumped over a foot of hail in the town of Santa Rosa, N.M. Wednesday evening, leaving a surreal sight the day before the Fourth of July.”
2. Economist Caution: Prepare For ‘Massive Wealth Destruction’ : “Take immediate steps to protect your wealth . . . NOW! That’s exactly what many well-respected economists, billionaires, and noted authors are telling you to do — experts such as Marc Faber, Peter Schiff, Donald Trump, and Robert Wiedemer. According to them, we are on the verge of another recession, and this one will be far worse than what we experienced during the last financial crisis.”
3. China to join Russia for largest naval drills with foreign partner : “China will join Russia later this week for its largest-ever naval drills with a foreign partner, underlining deepening ties between the former cold war rivals along with Beijing’s desire for closer links with regional militaries.”
4. Student ordered to remove cross necklace : “A Sonoma State University student was ordered to remove a cross necklace by a supervisor who thought other students might find it offensive, in a case that prompted even one campus official to speculate that “political correctness got out of hand.”
5. U.S. explodes with 100 anti-NSA protests : “Americans take to streets, Internet to demand feds stop spying on citizens.” Sorry folks, but it’s not going to happen!