1. China Leads Campaign To Replace The U.S. Dollar As Reserve Currency : “A very interesting item appeared through the official Chinese news agency, Xinhua, in which the Chinese government is effectively calling for the end of the U.S. dollar as the world’s reserve currency, stating that the world should “…start considering building a de-Americanized world.”
2. Silver Prices in 2014 Will Ride Higher Thanks to India : While silver demand among U.S. traders at the moment is muted, silver demand in India – the world’s biggest buyer of the white metal – is insatiable. It will be one of the biggest factors supporting higher silver prices in 2014.
3. ALERT: Government Freezes EBT Funds: Orders States to Withhold Transfers to Food Stamp Recipients : “This weekend America witnessed a limited crash in the computer systems that manage electronic benefit transfers across the country. Within hours of the crash panicked food stamp recipients who were left with no way to feed their families rushed grocery store shelves to obtain everything they could while the system was down.”
4. Food Stamps Most Rapidly Growing Welfare Program : “Food stamps are the most inefficient, vastly expanding social welfare program in the country, according to a new study. Forty-seven million people participate in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly known as food stamps, and costs have increased over 358 percent since 2000.”
5. The Coming Food Stamp Riots : “It may not happen this month, or even this year, but food stamp riots are coming to America. In fact, we got a small preview of the coming food stamp riots this past weekend when a “temporary system failure” caused food stamp cards to stop working in 17 U.S. states. Within hours, there were “mini-riots” at Wal-Marts and other retailers that rely heavily on food stamp users.”
6. Foodstamp Program Shutdown Imminent? : “It is easy to see cutting off daily bread to tens of millions has a less than happy ending.”