2. This Plant Kills Pests and Will Give Your Soil a Boost : “Soil is alive—at least it can be. Despite all the beneficial bugs, vitamins, and minerals, a lot can be lost if nothing is growing in the soil you worked hard to maintain before winter came around. Hard-core gardeners spend years, nay, a lifetime perfecting their soil, but if you’re not so extreme, you can still give your dirt a boost before planting for the spring—even if you neglected to plant a cover crop in the fall.”
3. How this family of four lives ‘off the grid’ in the middle of the desert : “Off-the-grid living — that is, using natural resources like sun and wind power to provide amenities like heat and electricity — has become commonplace in places like Terlingua, an isolated community in Southwest Texas. What was once a bustling mining town is now a veritable ghost town, tucked into the foothills of Big Bend National Park in the north Chihuahuan desert.”
4. A home built from two shipping containers (134 Pics).
5. NSA collects millions of text messages daily in ‘untargeted’ global sweep : “The National Security Agency has collected almost 200 million text messages a day from across the globe, using them to extract data including location, contact networks and credit card details, according to top-secret documents.”
6. America’s Spies Want Edward Snowden Dead : “I would love to put a bullet in his head,” one Pentagon official told BuzzFeed. The NSA leaker is enemy number one among those inside the intelligence world.
7. Why Are Dozens Of High Ranking Officers Being Purged From The U.S. Military? : “Since Barack Obama has been in the White House, high ranking military officers have been removed from their positions at a rate that is absolutely unprecedented. Things have gotten so bad that a number of retired generals are publicly speaking out about the “purge” of the U.S. military that they believe is taking place.”
8. Latinos set to surpass whites in California by March : “The Latino population is projected to surpass that of whites in California in March to become the single largest “race or ethnic group,” according to a report on shifting demographics in Gov. Jerry Brown’s 2014-15 budget proposal.”