1. Honey Price Increases Lead to Jump In Beehive Thefts : “The price of honey has jumped in the last decade, leading to a jump in beehive thefts. Beekeepers have always been concerned about theft, and have long tried to develop ways to prevent that from happening.”
2. U.S. Needs More Low-Skill Immigration Since Americans Are Not ‘Qualified” or ‘Willing’ to Do Such Work : “Chamber of Commerce CEO Tom Donohue says in an op-ed that the U.S. needs more low-skill immigration because Americans are not “qualified” or “willing” to do such work.”
3. Scenes from a militarized America: Iowa family ‘terrorized’ : “When critics (like me) warn about the dangers of police militarization, this is what we’re talking about. You’ll see the raid team, dressed in battle-dress uniforms, helmets and face-covering balaclava hoods take down the family’s door with a battering ram. You’ll see them storm the home with ballistics shields, guns at the ready. More troubling still, you’ll see not one but two officers attempt to prevent the family from having an independent record of the raid, one by destroying a surveillance camera, another by blocking another camera’s lens.”
I think there should be a law against police taking or destroying any type of video cameras, phones etc that are used to record any police interact with the public (unless by court order as proof in a criminal case). Obstruction of justice would be a fitting charge for such behavior – the only reason cops would not want to be filmed is because they are doing or planning to violate someones rights or to break the law themselves.
If they were doing their jobs in the way that they are sworn too they would welcome being filmed because such videos could be used to prosecute the person being arrested and prove that the arresting officers did their job correctly.
4. What You Need to Know About Filming, Photographing Police in Public : “Just last week, TheBlaze reported on a story posted on PINAC where a San Diego man was arrested for filming a citation an officer was writing him for smoking in a public area where it was against the law. When the officer asked to see Adam Pringle’s phone, he refused and the situation escalated from there.”
5. Officials in Connecticut Stunned by What Could Be a Massive, State-Wide Act of ‘Civil Disobedience’ by Gun Owners : “On Jan. 1, 2014, tens of thousands of defiant gun owners seemingly made the choice not to register their semi-automatic rifles with the state of Connecticut as required by a hastily-passed gun control law. By possessing unregistered so-called “assault rifles,” they all technically became guilty of committing Class D felonies overnight.”
6. TN Senate OKs guns-in-parks bill that eliminates local bans : The Tennessee Senate approved a bill Thursday that would undo a 2009 law that let city councils and county commissions ban guns in local parks. TN Governor Haslam is against it…
7. The Coming Economic Collapse Will Be Much Worse Than Most Realize : “Citizens of the U.S. and the world are heading into a future that few have prepared for. It will also turn out to be much worse than most realize as it will be unlike anything we have witnessed in the past.”
8. Pandemic Potential Seen in Gene Changes of Bird Flu : “Genetic variations in the deadly bird flu virus circulating in China increase the potential for a pandemic strain to emerge, researchers in Shanghai said.”
9. Our national power grid lacks physical security : “Our power grid is at risk. There are only around 2,000 very large transformers supporting the United States’ three electrical networks. These transformers can weigh upwards of 500,000 pounds and take weeks, even months, to replace when damaged.”
10. US at High Risk of Power-Grid Terrorism : “The United States remains vulnerable to a terrorist attack that could cripple its power grid and throw the nation into chaos, says Jon Wellinghoff, former chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.”
- The Prepper's Guide to Surviving the End of the World, as We Know It: Gear, Skills, and Related Know-How
- The Prepared Prepper's Cookbook: Over 170 Pages of Food Storage Tips, and Recipes From Preppers All Over America!
- Dirt-Cheap Survival Retreat: One Man's Solution
- 31 Days to Survival: A Complete Plan for Emergency Preparedness