2. Fed Sees $501 Billion in Losses at Nation’s Biggest Banks : “If the economic worst happens—the worst being defined as a deep recession in the United States, steep declines in home prices, and recessions in the euro area as well as Japan—30 major banks in the U.S. would lose a total of $501 billion dollars over nine quarters, according to the latest round of stress testing from the Federal Reserve.”
3. Heavily Armed Police Raid Teens Playing With Airsoft Rifles : “While confronting a group of Kentucky teenagers playing with airsoft rifles, heavily armed police arrested one of the teens after he told his friend to keep filming their encounter with the officers.”
4. Rand Paul “concerned about who is truly in charge of our government” : “Libertarian Kentucky Senator Rand Paul warns in a speech today that he believes US spooks and shadow government agencies are ” drunk with power”, and that elected representatives are privately afraid of those operating behind the curtain.”
5. Obama executive order raises fears administration can seize personal property : “Be careful what you say. Be careful what you write. President Obama has just given himself the authority to seize your assets,” says a post at the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity.”
6. Illinois Supreme Court Unanimously Overturns the Country’s Strictest Recording Ban : “Today the Illinois Supreme Court unanimously overturned that state’s draconian eavesdropping law, which makes it a felony to record public officials without their permission, even when they are performing their public duties. Two years ago the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit ruled that the law was unconstitutional as applied to police officers recorded in public. Today’s decision extends that analysis to other public officials as well as private citizens when they do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy.”
7. Victim of violent home invasion persecuted for fighting back : Ira Beumer was the victim of a violent home invasion by a groups of young black perpetrators. The thugs smashed into his home at 2:30 am wearing ski masks. They robbed Beumer at gun point, stealing money and firearms. When they left, Beumer couldn’t find his daughter who was hiding. Thinking his daughter had been kidnapped, he pursued the thugs in his own car. Their cars eventually collided. One of the thugs died and another was seriously injured.
8. 4 Simple Steps to Grow a Hundred Pounds of Potatoes in a Barrel : “Container gardening isn’t only for savvy urban gardeners and folks with limited space to grow, it can also be for folks who want to maximize their yields in a controlled environment. Not only does growing potatoes in a barrel reduce the amount of weeding and exposure to pests and fungi, you don’t even have to risk shovel-damage to the tender potatoes by digging them out of the ground when they’re done, just tip the container over!”
- The Prepper's Guide to Surviving the End of the World, as We Know It: Gear, Skills, and Related Know-How
- The Prepared Prepper's Cookbook: Over 170 Pages of Food Storage Tips, and Recipes From Preppers All Over America!
- Dirt-Cheap Survival Retreat: One Man's Solution
- 31 Days to Survival: A Complete Plan for Emergency Preparedness