1. Interesting – Why There Will Be A Robot Uprising : “Anti-social” artificial intelligence in the future is not only possible, but probable, unless we start designing AI systems very differently today.”
2. Al Gore Calls Global Warming Skeptics “Immoral, Unethical And Despicable” : “Ultimately, we are going to win this thing,” he said!”
3. U.K. Lawmakers Seek Extreme Crackdown on Climate Realists : “Faced with the implosion of discredited United Nations theories on “Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming,” climate alarmists in the United Kingdom, including some in Parliament, are now pushing for a major crackdown on skeptics — or “realists,” depending on one’s point of view — in government, media, and more. As more and more scientists defect from the crumbling alarmist bandwagon, however, critics say the hysterical shrieking and dangerous rhetoric from politicians only serve to further illustrate the accelerating collapse of what many climate experts refer to as the “global-warming hoax.”
4. Harry Reid Calls Cliven Bundy Supporters “Domestic Terrorists”: “Senator Harry Reid has escalated the war of words over the Cliven Bundy dispute, sensationally labeling the Nevada cattle rancher’s supporters “domestic terrorists” during an event in Las Vegas today.”
5. He’s back! Bloomberg to spend $50 million targeting NRA, Dems, GOP on guns : Former New York City Mayor Michael I. Bloomberg is planning to spend $50 million this year to promote gun control and target Democrats and Republicans alike on the issue, saying he hopes to provide a counterweight to the well-funded gun lobby.
6. War on the West: Why More Bundy Standoffs Are Coming : “The federal government’s over-the-top police action against the Bundy family ranch is an ominous portent of more to come, as rogue agencies and their corporate/NGO partners attempt to “cleanse” the West of ranchers, farmers, miners, loggers, and other determined property owners.”
7. Attention Shoppers: Fruit and Vegetable Prices Are Rising : “The cost of fresh produce is poised to jump in the coming months as a three-year drought in California shows few signs of abating, according to an Arizona State University study set to be released Wednesday.”
If you’re not doing so already then you need to start growing your own produce – plant, plant and plant some more. If you have an empty spot on your property (or balcony) then grow something to eat there. If you don’t know how to grow anything or have a black thumb, then find a local gardener and ask questions, get help or buy a good how-to-do-it gardening book – below are a few of my favorite gardening books.
- Guide to Tennessee Vegetable Gardening
- All New Square Foot Gardening, Second Edition: The Revolutionary Way to Grow More In Less Space
- The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible
- Gardening When It Counts: Growing Food in Hard Times
8. Housing, food costs on the rise : “If you feel like things are starting to cost a bit more, you’re right.”