submitted by Gayle
Yield: 9 pints
- 6 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 5 large mangos, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 cup white sugar
- 2 cup onion
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1¼ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup gingerroot, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
Combine apples, mango, pepper, sugar, onion, raisins, vinegar and gingerroot in stainless steel pan. Bring to a gentle boil and cook uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice and spices. Boil for another five minutes.
Remove sterilized jars from canner and fill immediately, leaving ½ inch headspace. Remove bubbles. Process pint jars for 15 minutes.
- The Prepper's Guide to Surviving the End of the World, as We Know It: Gear, Skills, and Related Know-How
- The Prepared Prepper's Cookbook: Over 170 Pages of Food Storage Tips, and Recipes From Preppers All Over America!
- Dirt-Cheap Survival Retreat: One Man's Solution
- 31 Days to Survival: A Complete Plan for Emergency Preparedness