1. CONFISCATION: Panicked Europeans Rush ATMs as Leaders Move To Seize Funds Directly From Bank Account Holders : “For those who don’t believe the government is prepared to take extreme measures that may include the seizing of retirement accounts, cash savings or even gold, look no further than Cyprus, the latest recipient of bank bailouts.”
2. If gun control passes, there will come ‘free speech control’ and the government banning of websites, books and art : “The purpose of the Bill of Rights is to establish a line in the sand that cannot be crossed by government. The founders rightly saw government as an eternal threat against freedom and justice, knowing that all governments inevitably grow out of control like a cancer tumor.”
3. Growing Number Of States Eye Bills To Defy Federal Gun Laws : “Will Obama respect states that pass legislation in defiance of federal law when it comes to firearms? No according to the federal government states have no rights but what is given to then on a federal level. Sounds kind of like a dictatorship doesn’t it…”
4. Radioactive solar blast to hit Earth : “A burst of radioactive solar particles has erupted from the Sun, streaking toward Earth at 900 miles per second, NASA has announced. The event, called a coronal mass ejection, or CME, while not occurring as frequently as solar flares, is still a common phenomenon. This time, however, rather than projecting out into space, it’s headed straight for Earth.”
5. FBI snooping tactic ruled unconstitutional : “A US judge has ordered the FBI to stop its “pervasive” use of National Security letters to snoop on phone and email records, ruling that the widespread tactic was unconstitutional.”
6. Company to Sell Drone Defenses : “An Oregon company says that it has developed and will soon start selling technology that disables unmanned aircraft.”
7. G&A Ranks the Best States for Gun Owners in 2013 : I was surprised to see Idaho so far down on the list at #32.