1. White House wants immunity for telecoms that surrender customer data : “American telecoms already have legal immunity when they cooperate with the government’s warrantless wiretapping, and they may soon be in the clear when they supply customer data, too.”
2. CDC confirms first case of MERS virus in American : “Health officials confirmed the first case of an American infected with a mysterious virus that has sickened hundreds in the Middle East. The man fell ill after flying to the U.S. late last week from Saudi Arabia where he was a health care worker.”
3. And for the truth about the unemployment rate – Obamanomics: 92 Million Americans Not Working : “The US labor force shrunk by more than 800,000 people in April. For those of you in Rio Linda, that means 800,000 people stopped looking for work or quit working. The labor force participation rate declined or decreased to 62%. That is the lowest it has been since 1978. What that means is only 62% of Americans of working age have job. But despite all of this, the unemployment rate has plunged from 6.7 to 6.3%. That just doesn’t make any sense. Well, it does, if you know how they calculate the number. They simply don’t count the number of people who have given up trying to find a job. It’s that simple.”
4. 5 Things the New “Low” Unemployment Rate Doesn’t Show Us : It’s no secret why the job rate hit a low – nearly a million Americans gave up on looking for work altogether last month alone. In its official statistic, the Bureau of Labor Statistics does not include people who aren’t looking for work as “unemployed,” meaning that millions of people who have been discouraged by repeated rejections and a poor economy are conveniently left out of the equation entirely.
5. US Economy Is A House Of Cards — Paul Craig Roberts : “The US economy is a house of cards. Every aspect of it is fraudulent, and the illusion of recovery is created with fraudulent statistics.”
6. Rob Schneider Tells Chris Stigall: We Are Sliding Very Fast Towards Fascism : “There’s not one segment of business under the Obama administration that hasn’t been hurt…he attacks for-profit schools, which is totally an elitist thing from a guy that went to Harvard. I think for free, by the way,” Schneider said.”
7. Right to farm being stripped from Americans : “Michigan to criminalize small family farms with chickens, goats, honey bees and more : In the latest stunning assault on Americans’ right to grow their own food, the freedom-crushing state of Michigan has ruled that local governments (cities, towns, counties) can now ban any animal they wish from small residential farms. The move opens the door to the mass criminalization of backyard farms and small, residential farming operations where people might keep a few goats or honey bees for food security.”
8. Bundy neighbors to militia: ‘We need you to leave : “Congressman Steven Horsford of Nevada, who represents rancher Cliven Bundy’s district, talks with Rachel Maddow about the strong desire of his constituents, Bundy’s neighbors, to be rid of the idle, armed militia members still occupying their community.”