Before we start with this weeks super-duper “What did you do to prep this week” blog segment, I would like to first thank Oren P, Bonnie N, Gary K and Jarhead 03 for their support and generous donations via PayPal this week. Thank you all so very much, your support is greatly appreciated.
I would also like to thank Bam Bam for sending me a big box of her homemade soap for my birthday – thank you :cake: . It is the best smelling package that I’ve ever opened, Bam Bam you should start selling this – you could start out by selling to friends and co-workers then you could approach local store owners and merchants. Remember the key is in the packaging, if it looks good then folks will buy it.
Also please keep those in the path of hurricane Sandy in your prayers – folks this is a big one that has the potential to cause a lot of destruction. Folks this is why we prep, and I hope everyone is well prepared for this storm …
Okay, what did I do to prep this week?
- Worked on and updated my security system (sorry, folks but I can’t go into details).
- Put together more “care packages” to help others in need. Besides the usual food (instant oatmeal, 5 lb bag of rice, canned fruit, hard canddy) and water I’ve also added a small copy of The New Testament and a copy of The Ten Commandments to each.
- Added 25 cans of dog food for Faith’s EOTWAWKI survival kit.
- Two bottles of Tea Tree oil.
And our friends at Paladin Press sent me copies of several or their instructional DVD’s and two books including – The Hayduke Silencer Book, Mantrapping, Tactical Combat Casualty Care, Mission-Essential Off-Road Driving 2, and Combat Knife Throwing. My pick of the lot is Tactical Combat Casualty Care excellent instructions as is the norm for The Crucible.
Well that’s it for me this week – what about YOU? What did YOU do to prep this week ?:-)
- The Prepper's Guide to Surviving the End of the World, as We Know It: Gear, Skills, and Related Know-How
- The Prepared Prepper's Cookbook: Over 170 Pages of Food Storage Tips, and Recipes From Preppers All Over America!
- Dirt-Cheap Survival Retreat: One Man's Solution
- 31 Days to Survival: A Complete Plan for Emergency Preparedness