Before we start with todays “what did you do to prep this week” blog segment, I would like to thank and give a shout-out to Rusty S, Jana M, Brenda C, and Sherry S for their generous donations via PayPal this week. If you too would like to show your support by making a donation monetary donation, you can do that here.
Let’s see what else… Oh ya, my “mention TheSurvivalistBlog.net and win a big pile of DVD’s and books” is still going on and so far we have had about 20 mentions on other sites by readers, mostly on Facebook. You can see the details of the contest here as well as a full list of the prize contents.
And yes, this drawing / contest is meant to raise awareness of TheSurvivalistBlog.net, prepping and hopefully, pick-up a few readers along the way. Mentioning us on your personal blog site or within online forums such as AR-15.com, The Firing Line Forum, David Icke’s Forum etc. can be helpful in this regard.
Now let me see… what did I do to prep this week?
- Worked in and organized my storage area.
- Put out deer salt licks, apples and corn (yep bow season is going to be great)
- Canned tomatoes and peppers from my garden
- Been considering building a pillbox like this one on top of my hill. Yep, it’s extreme depending on how bad things get. In a WROL situation such a position could be very useful from a defensive stand point.
Well that’s it for me this week… what about you? What did you do to prep this week?
- The Prepper's Guide to Surviving the End of the World, as We Know It: Gear, Skills, and Related Know-How
- The Prepared Prepper's Cookbook: Over 170 Pages of Food Storage Tips, and Recipes From Preppers All Over America!
- Dirt-Cheap Survival Retreat: One Man's Solution
- 31 Days to Survival: A Complete Plan for Emergency Preparedness