Before we start with this weeks “What did you do to prep this week” blog segment, I would like to thank John F for his support and generous donation via PayPal. Thank you John – you are very much appreciated. :handshake:
Also, I would like to ask for some restraint when posting comments – please avoid personal attacks and name calling of other posters, it is rude, uncalled for, accomplishes nothing and makes us all look bad. The last thing we want is to look like a bunch of sniveling ten-year olds. We are better than that…
And another matter that I feel needs addressing, also taking place in the comments section of the blog, that being the repeated mention and bashing of fellow blogger James Wesley Rawles. The bulk of the comments seem to have one purpose and that is to stir up trouble and controversy among readers of both blogs and possibly Rawles and myself.
One reader sent me an email, to let me know how mad that I should be, because as he said; “Rawles mentioned the Cumberland Plateau area of Tennessee as a retreat location while obviously, referring to Joel M. Skousen’s recent post on The Survivlist Blog for his information, but instead of linking to that post directly he links to some forum with little helpful information. I don’t think he likes you very much.”
Listen, it is his blog and he can link to anyone (or not link as he sees fit) I’m not in competition with him, his blog or any other site. I just want to share information that will help others survive. So, please let’s exert our efforts to that end and leave Rawles alone… Thank you.
Okay, now let me see what did I do to prep this week?
- Built a compost bin from used pallets that I picked up for free at the local hardware store.
- Cleared about one-hundred yards of fence line – I will be fencing my property with barbed-wire.
- Paladin Press sent me several books to review, including “Street Smarts, Firearms and Personal Security” by Jim Grover, Paul Kirchner’s “Deadliest Men Set“, “The Book of Blacksmithing” by Michael Cardiff and the DVD “Mission-Essential Off-Road Driving“.
- Ordered a can of Fox Labs Defense Spray – Flip Top Cone Fog (2 Oz)
Over to you – what did you do to prep this week… ?:-)
- The Prepper's Guide to Surviving the End of the World, as We Know It: Gear, Skills, and Related Know-How
- The Prepared Prepper's Cookbook: Over 170 Pages of Food Storage Tips, and Recipes From Preppers All Over America!
- Dirt-Cheap Survival Retreat: One Man's Solution
- 31 Days to Survival: A Complete Plan for Emergency Preparedness