Before we start today, I would like to extend a huge thank you to MsFedUp and Lee O for their generous donations this week via PayPal. It is folks like you that keep this blog running and free, for everyone else. Thank you…
This week, I’ve received several e-mails from readers asking me to provide them with my affiliate link back to Amazon.com, so that I could receive a commission on their purchases there, thus allowing them to support the blog without actually spending any extra money.
If you want to help support the survivalist blog and the Wolf Pack through your purchases at Amazon.com than please bookmark this link and use it as your regular Amazon entry point. It will cost you nothing extra when you order and I will get a small commission from each sale that will be used to keep the survivalist blog up, running, and free for you.
Speaking of Amazon.com sales, while going over my affiliate commissions and orders summary, I noticed something strange or at least I thought it was strange. What I noticed was that when I link to my new book “31 Days to Survival ” readers clicking the link through to Amazon.com have actually bought more copies of James Wesley Rawles’s book How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It: Tactics, Techniques, and Technologies for Uncertain Times than copies of my book “31 Days to Survival” over the past several weeks.
However, according to my reports from Paladin Press sales of “31 days to survival” have been strong with the first printing already selling out. So I think the answer to the dilemma is that readers of The Survivalist Blog dot Net and the Wolf Pack prefer to order directly from the publisher rather than going through a second party (middleman) at Amazon.com. However it should be noted that all copies of the book come from Paladin Press.
Okay let’s see, what did I do to prep this week?
- Safeguard has agreed to send me one of their “Stealth Body Armor” vests for review. They have also donated another vest for our non-fiction writing contest, that vest will be rewarded to our first-place winner.
- I spent a large portion of this week working around my property and in my garden. And I’m happy to report that I got a lot done, and I’m even happier to report that I am going to take a break today.
- This week I also ordered two more “Magpul AR-15 magazines” these are great magazines for the AR-15 and have my highest recommendation.
- I also bought five boxes of “308 – 180 gr SP – Federal Power Shok” ammo for my Savage Scout rifle.
Well, that is it for me – what did you do to prep this week? Let us know in the comments below…
- The Prepper's Guide to Surviving the End of the World, as We Know It: Gear, Skills, and Related Know-How
- The Prepared Prepper's Cookbook: Over 170 Pages of Food Storage Tips, and Recipes From Preppers All Over America!
- Dirt-Cheap Survival Retreat: One Man's Solution
- 31 Days to Survival: A Complete Plan for Emergency Preparedness