Here are my recommendations for products that I own, and and use, and which I believe can help increase your level of preparedness and overall self-reliance. This is a very short list since it only includes my top picks.
All American Sun Oven w/Dehydrating and Accessories Package
Rust-proof, highly polished, mirror-like anodized aluminum reflectors Sets up in minutes. Lightweight with carry handle. American made with uniquely American features! Will reach temps of 360 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook for free
- Bakes, Boils or Steams Any Kind of Food with the Power of the Sun – No Fuel Needed!
- No learning curve
- Create your favorite recipes as you feast upon natural sun baked treats!
- Just like your home oven
- Reaches Temperatures of 360° to 400° F!
- Totally Safe – No Danger of Fire – Never Burn Dinner Again!
- Versatile, Easy-to-use, Portable as a Small Suitcase!
200 Watt Solar Panel Kit : This is the Panels and Kit That I Use
What’s Included and Features
Fast and east set-up.
- 2 Renogy Premium Grade A High Efficiency 100 Watt Monocrystalline Solar Panels
- 30Amp PMW Charge Controller which allows system expandable up to 400W 12volts and 800W 24volts.
- Branch Connectors allows multiple panels to be wired in parallel(MC4 Branch Connectors)
- 2 Sets Unique Z brackets for Mounting Total 8 pcs (Z Brackets Mount)
- 2 UL Listed 20′ Solar Extension Cables with MC4 connectors on each end
Dakota Alert MURS Wireless Motion Detection Kit, Base Station Radio
- Monitor activity in remote locations up to several miles away
- Alert signals are in spoken English
- Allows two-way voice communications between other MURS transceivers
- Consists of one MURS Alert transmitter and one M538-BS base station transceiver
SimpliSafe DIY Home Security System
- 100% Wireless Entry Sensors protect vulnerable doors & windows. Sensors have a 400ft range of communications (so if your home fits inside of a football field, SimpliSafe has you covered).
- Insanely easy to self-install, plug-n-play solution. No wires, no hassle.
- Get 24/7 Peace of Mind with SimpliSafe’s 24/7 Alarm Monitoring-no contracts, no commitments, cancel anytime-just $14.99/month.
- Cellular, GSM, No Phone Line needed: All SimpliSafe systems come with built-in cellular technology so your alarm will reach our monitoring center without the need of a phone line.
This is the same alarm system that I use to protect my home, when I’m away. Anyone can set this up in under 20 minutes…
Wonder Junior Deluxe Hand Grain / Flour Mill by Wondermill
The Wonder Junior mill is my top choice for a hand-operated grain mill. You can read my full review here.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Burr grinder works with wet/oily grains; legumes, coffee, garbanzos, seeds, nuts, etc.
- Powder-coated for easy cleanup
- Large octagon hopper fills easily and holds more than 1 quart
- World’s only patented dual clamp secures to surfaces up to 2″ thick, will not slip like other mills.
Zoom Versa Stove
The Zoom Versa Cook Stove is my number one choice for a long-term grid-down situation. You can read my full review here.
- Abrasion resistant, lightweight ceramic insulation
- Refractory metal lining and 6-pronged universal cast iron stove top
- Two internal grates to hold both wood and charcoal
- Painted sheet metal body with reinforced doors
- Comes with stick support and adjustable galvanized steel pot skirt
Big Berkey Water Filter System
The Big Berkey Water Filter system is my #1 water filter recommendation for having clean, and safe drinking water now and during a long-term grid-down situation. If you drink water, you need a Big Berkey Water Filter System.
- Complete stainless steel water purification system
- Can filter up to 3.5 gallons per hour
- 2 Black Berkey Purification Filters
- Holds approximately 2.25 gallons of filtered water
- 2 PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements
Excalibur 3900 Deluxe Non-Timer Series 9 Tray Food Dehydrator
My first dehydrator was a cheap $29.99 model from Wal-Mart that was loud (sounded like the fan was going to fly out of the side any minute) and I only got to use it a couple of times before it stopped working altogether. Then I decided to order the Excalibur 3900 and have had no more problems or need to buy another dehydrator. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.
- # Deluxe Non-Timer Heavy DutyFamily Model
- 9 Polycarbonate Trays with Polyscreen inserts: 15 square feet of tray space
- FREE! Preserve it Naturally Book
- Heavy Duty 7″ fan, 600 watts, Adjustable Thermostat: 85º – 145ºF – Built In On/Off Switch
- American Made – 1 Year Manufacturers Warranty – 10 Year Extended Warranty Available
Gold Complete Beer Equipment Kit (K6) with 6 Gallon Glass Carboy
If you like the taste of fresh homebrew then this is the kit you need to get started. Everything that you need is included with this kit.
- Our Equipment Kits are assembled using the finest quality materials available.
- True Brew Ingredient Kits are assembled using the finest ingredients available.
- Each ingredient kit makes 5 gallons of top quality homebrew.
- With our easy to read instructions your assured a great brew every time.
All American 921 21-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner
Folks the All American 921 is the top of the line when it comes to pressure cookers and is the one I use for my pleasure canning.
- 21-1/2-quart pressure canner holds 19 pint jars or 7 quart jars
- Made of durable, hand-cast aluminum with attractive satin finish
- Exclusive “metal-to-metal” sealing system for a steam-tight seal; no gaskets
- Geared steam gauge, automatic overpressure release; settings of 5 psi, 10 psi, and 15 psi
- 15-3/8 inches high with 12-1/4-inch inside diameter; made in USA
Benjamin Titan GP .22 caliber air rifle
The Benjamin Titan GP .22 caliber air rifle is my top choice for an affordable .22 cal hunting air rifle. You can read my full review here.
- All Weather air rifle from Crosman’s Benjamin brand of guns
- Features durable, all weather wooden stock and rugged break barrel design
- 0.22 caliber weapon provides 16% more downrange power than common 0.177 calibers
- 23-foot-pounds of muzzle energy fires at velocity speeds of up to 950-feet-per-second (FPS
Heirloom Organics Non-Hybrid Farm Pack
The Heirloom Organics Farm Pack is designed for farms, large-scale storage, seed investment and for groups, large and small. This pack includes very large amounts of many vegetable, fruit, grain and legume varieties. You can read our comparison here “Hybrid vs. Non-Hybrid Garden Seeds ” for a better understanding of the different seed types.
31 Days to Survival: A Complete Plan for Emergency Preparedness
“ M.D. Creekmore’s 31 Days to Survival is a fine addition to any prepper’s library. The book is well written, and the steps are clearly described. Each day ends with an assignment that is meant to turn what you read into what you really know. ” Dr. Arthur T Bradley author of Handbook to Practical Disaster Preparedness for the Family.
“M.D. Creekmore of thesurvivalistblog.net has long been known for his commonsense, walk-the-walk approach to preparedness. He never sends readers off on quests for exotic, expensive weapons. He won’t intimidate you into thinking you have to have Mark Zuckerberg-sized fortune before you can make adequate preps. He never says preparedness must be “his way or the highway.” Claire Wolfe author of Don’t Shoot the Bastards (Yet): 101 More Ways to Salvage Freedom .
“I have been a fan of M.D.’s blog since before I wrote my first book. The fact that someone practices what they preach adds creditability. This is a great book for those just starting out in the self-reliance lifestyle. Clear, professional and well structured.” Joe Nobody author of Holding Your Ground: Preparing for Defense if it All Falls Apart.
“I was impressed with this book because it takes important elements of survival and preparedness and breaks them down into small, do-able bites. The reader can start from the beginning and progress through the steps in order or skip around, according to their own priorities and level of preparedness. This book is worth owning as a valuable resource.” Lisa Bedford author of Survival Mom: How to Prepare Your Family for Everyday Disasters and Worst-Case Scenarios.
Dirt-Cheap Survival Retreat: One Man’s Solution
The standard survival retreat advice has always been to find a remote place in Idaho or Montana, with at least 20 acres, a 2,000-square-foot log cabin and a bunker underneath, a barn, pastureland, and a stream running through the property. But how many of us can afford such a spread without a crippling mortgage? If you can’t make the hefty payments on your survival retreat, the bankers will evict you, leaving you worse off than those who failed to prepare in the first place.
M.D. Creekmore’s motivation for finding a low-cost retreat was the need to live on a lot less money after he lost his job and got divorced. He started living in a travel trailer, parked on two acres he’d bought a few years back to use as a campsite and bug-out location, never dreaming he’d be living there full time. But he has called his trailer home for the past four years and says that “for the first time in my life, I’m actually content.”
Living off the grid in a travel trailer isn’t for everyone. But if you are looking for a way to own a debt-free home—and enjoy the security that comes with it—here’s the author’s dirt-cheap plan for finding suitable land; buying a used trailer; securing it against the elements and intruders; providing alternative power sources; dealing with water and waste issues; maximizing your space; and establishing a workable storage system for food, water, medicine, tools, and other equipment.
It’s The End of the World as We Know It – And I feel Fine Survival CD
It’s The End of the World as We Know It – And I feel Fine, is a massive library of over 112 reference books, reports and manuals designed to help you prepare for any disaster, become self-reliant or build a homestead. This massive CD library will help you survive whatever man or nature throws at you.
I’ve designed this CD to be a one stop source for survival, emergency preparedness and homesteading information – when you open the files, you’ll find detailed information covering a vast array subjects, subjects ranging from canning produce, drying, smoking and preserving food, gardening, composting, building a cheap greenhouse, building a root cellar, first-aid, raising chickens, rabbits, ducks and goats, butchering, heating with wood, field-dressing a deer, outdoor survival, trapping, shooting handguns and rifles, plumbing, camo, combat tactics, building a cheap fallout shelter, hand to hand fighting, apple cider production, building a chicken house, pruning fruit trees, tanning hides, boobytraps and more. Much more…
Click here for a full description and to order the CD – or buy now using the button below.
Sorry CD not available at this time.
Survival, Prepping and Emergency Preparedness Books
For a list of other books I recommend, please visit my recommended books page.