Every week I receive at least one email from a reader asking me for my list of must have survival books, so to make it easier for me (and readers asking that question), I’m going to write my list of must have books that every prepper should have and refer readers to it when I’m asked for my recommended list…
This list is made up of the top sixteen survival related books on the market today, and the ones that I feel are a must have for every preppers survival library. These top sixteen (hand-picked by me) survival books, make up a complete survival library, that covers just about everything that you could ever need to know about prepping and survival.
I know what you’re thinking… well get on with it already, tell me the sixteen must have books for preppers… So without further ado here are the ten must have books that every real prepper must own.
Sixteen must have books for preppers
- LDS Preparedness Manual – This One is Awesome and is my number one recommendation – get it!
- Gardening When It Counts: Growing Food in Hard Times
- Mini Farming: Self-Sufficiency on 1/4 Acre
- Barnyard in Your Backyard: A Beginner’s Guide to Raising Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Rabbits, Goats, Sheep, and Cattle
- Basic Butchering of Livestock and Game
- Keeping the Harvest: Preserving Your Fruits, Vegetables and Herbs
- Ball Blue Book Guide to Preserving
- Where There Is No Doctor
- Where There Is No Dentist
- The American Red Cross First Aid and Safety Handbook
- Cookin’ with Home Storage
- The Secure Home
- Affordable Security: A Do-It-Yourself Guide to Protecting Your Home, Business, and Automobile
- Holding Your Ground
- Light Infantry Tactics: For Small Teams
- The Survival Group Handbook: How to Plan, Organize and Lead People For a Short or Long Term Survival Situation