Contributed by Karen M
- 3 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups of light corn syrup,
- 1 TBSP almond extract,
- 1 TBSP food coloring
Lightly grease one 12 x 8 inch or larger baking sheet.. (larger is better) then, in a LARGE heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup. Heat over high , stirring constantly with a heat resistant (wood) .. 🙂 spoon, until all the sugar is dissolved, then STOP stirring and patiently bring to a boil.
BOIL until a candy thermometer reads 310 degrees F.
REMOVE FROM HEAT.
When bubbling has stops, stir in the flavoring and food coloring. Spread into the prepared pan so that the candy is no more than 1/4 inch thick. Cool for 45 minutes in the fridge. Remove from fridge, crack into pieces and ENJOY.”
- The Prepper's Guide to Surviving the End of the World, as We Know It: Gear, Skills, and Related Know-How
- The Prepared Prepper's Cookbook: Over 170 Pages of Food Storage Tips, and Recipes From Preppers All Over America!
- Dirt-Cheap Survival Retreat: One Man's Solution
- 31 Days to Survival: A Complete Plan for Emergency Preparedness