Here are fourteen survival guide PDF downloads that you might find useful – If you know of others please share with us in the comments below…
Learn 15 Ultra-Filthy “No Nonsense” Fight Moves (For FREE!) – Simple. So easy in fact that ANYONE, no matter what your size, strength or skill level, (even if you’ve never been in a fight before in your life), can use them almost instantly.
FM 21-76 US Army Survival Manual – How to find water, food, shelter, build a fire, first aid, navigation and other survival skills necessary to survive on your own in the wild. A must for any survival library.
- FM 4-25-11 First Aid – While I suggest everyone take a dedicated first-aid class under qualified instructors, this manual by the U.S. Army is a good start for anyone wanting to learn life saving first aid skills.
- Army Ranger Handbook (2006) – I picked this manual up at a gun show a few years ago it’s loaded with info on demolitions, booby traps, communications, patrolling, movement, battle drills, combat intelligence and other info.
- Principles of Home Canning – Excellent (and free) guide to canning your own produce. Did I mention that it is free? I like that word – Free…
- Where There is No Dentist – By giving a well-balanced mixture of illustrations and simple, succinct text in layman’s terms, the book provides valuable, hands-on advice for the most important oral health issues: oral health promotion in the community and basic oral care in low-resource settings. –Habib Benzian World Dental Federation (FDI)
- Where There is No Doctor – Covers all aspects of people’s health ranging from diarrhea to malaria and bone fractures and ringworm. Special emphasis is placed on hygiene, a healthy diet and vaccinations, and the book explains to readers what they can do themselves and how to prevent, recognize and treat many common sicknesses. It also shows them how to recognize problems they are unable to cope with and need to refer to a health worker. (description from wikipedia)
- NATO Emergency War Surgery – I hope non of us ever have to attempt any of the techniques detailed in this book – don’t get me wrong it is a good book, but performing many of the medical procedures presented without proper training would likely have disasters consequences, but so could doing nothing.
- A Guide to Raised Bed Gardening – The title says it all. Great book, if you must garden in a small area or have poor soil.
- FM 3-06 Combined Arms Operations in Urban Terrain – Combat techniques for an urban environment, including target engagement, situational awareness, crossing open areas, movement past windows, movement within a building, fighting positions etc. I hope you never need any of this but here it is just in case…
- Get Tough – How to win in hand-to-hand fighting. As taught to the British commandos and the U.S. armed forces W. E. Fairbairn.
- FEMA Are You Ready? – An In-depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness (IS-22) FEMA’s most comprehensive source on individual, family, and community preparedness. Provides information on specific hazards including what to do before, during, and after each hazard type.
- Vegetable Gardening in Containers – Practical tips and techniques for container gardening including variety selection, planting information, and common problems.
- Backyard Composting – How to convert raw organic matter into finished compost.