1. Huge US Military Buildup In Ukraine ? : “Get ready folks, things are heating up and war is on the horizon whether we want one or not.” 2. The U.S. Is Quietly Establishing Ebola Quarantine Centers : “With modern air travel, this government should be enacting protocols to limit the chances for Ebola from […]
1. Nigeria on high alert after man dies of Ebola at Lagos airport : “Nigerian officials said Saturday that they are screening passengers arriving from foreign countries for symptoms of Ebola, following the death of an infected traveler from Liberia who died after collapsing at the airport in Lagos, Africa’s largest city with a population […]
“What’s your biggest frustration with your prepping and your preps right now? I want to hear from you in the comments below…
By BCTruck Sometimes, It seems as though life is just one long series of lessons. Now this isn’t prepping, but it is a reflection on some lessons I’ve learned while living this thing we call life.We should all take time and remember the things that changed our minds on a particular subject,or made us see […]
1. Chinese city sealed off after bubonic plague death : “Bubonic plague is a bacterial infection best known for the Black Death, a virulent epidemic that killed tens of millions of people in 14th-century Europe. Primarily an animal illness, it is extremely rare in humans.” 2. Proof that all of those boating accidents and lose […]
Gun owners react to TN’s newest gun and hunting laws : “On July 1, two new Tennessee laws took effect regarding firearms and hunting. Senate Bill 1774 allows anyone to legally carry firearms and ammunition in his or her vehicle as long as the vehicle is owned by that person. Senate Bill 1777 makes it […]
1. The U.S. Dollar Has Collapsed: You Just Don’t Know It Yet : “The current U.S. dollar isn’t backed by anything other than your imagination. Here is some food for thought: What makes a $100 bill worth more than a $1.00 bill? Your BELIEF that its worth more. Both are nothing more than ink printed […]
Before we get started with this weeks segment, I would like to give a shout-out and say thank you to Vanessa M, Charles P, Peter W and Scott H for their generous contributions this week via Paypal. Thank you. Unfortunately, I haven’t done a lot of actual prepping this week, besides the usual work in the garden, […]
I’ve updated my already comprehensive article on bug out bags and contents to include a bonus section with thoughts on choosing weapons for your bug out bag.
If you have to bug out what gun would your take with you?
by Bill A The following is an assortment of tried and true folk remedies from a variety of sources. While the author can’t vouch for the particular effectiveness of any method, nor are any to be considered miracle cures, many people have found the following treatments to be an effective alternative to modern medicines or […]
1. DHS Expects To Spend Between $250 And $1,000 Per Day To House Illegal Immigrant Children : “According to Jeh Johnson, Secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, it is costing the Federal government anywhere between $250 and $1,000 per day to feed and house each illegal immigrant child.” 2. Snowden: Government Spies Routinely […]
1. Japan Typhoon Neoguri’s Deadly Consequences For The US : “What it means is that Fukushima atmospheric radiation and tritium are being driven into Western Canada and then funneled southeast across the Dakotas into the Midwest and South. The wild card here is the significant increase of tritium over the US in higher concentrations than […]
We have worked out an exclusive deal with the publishers of the survival card game “Conflicted” where we will be posting one question per week from the deck for open discussion here onTheSurvivalistBlog.net. You can buy your own Conflicted Deck here and play it with your friends and family… Okay here we go… A gang ransacks your place […]
I would like to share a little story and the lessons I learned this last Easter. To say it pointed out a BIG shortfall in my preps is like saying Mt Everest is just another hillock.
My family and I went to Sunrise Service at our church. Everyone was up on time, showered, shaved (yeah, me), and cycled through our one bathroom, and out of the house with time to spare. With a teenage daughter, you all know this is no small feat. Off we go to the service, which was really nice and blissfully short, off to the church for a big breakfast, then back home. We made a big pot of coffee, and everyone killed some time socializing until it was time to go back to church for the actual Sunday service. During this time everyone used the bathroom at least once, got drinks of water, and re-brushed teeth. Off to church, then eventually back to the house.
During that hour or so, I received my Easter surprise. When we returned, I went to fill the coffee pot again, and guess what?
1. Are Americans Really Dumber than a Bag of Hammers? : “The Washington Establishment and its co-conspirators in the “International Community” certainly must think so. They no longer care if their lies are discovered.” Or maybe they know that we have passed the tipping point of power and there is nothing we can or will […]