Score one more for the redoubt of the east: After a two-month survey of over 6,000 small business owners nationwide, Thumbtack.com has released new data showing that small businesses rank Tennessee among the top ten least costly states nationwide for hiring a new employee. According to The Mercatus Center Tennessee ranks #39 for personal freedom out of all states, but they weigh their score heavily on restrictive Marijuana and Gambling laws in the state. But they also acknowledge that Tennessee has Tennessee has the best (least restrictive) gun-control laws in the South (and we have the “stand your ground” law). Personally, I think that the state should perform a major overhaul of laws on homeschooling, and sobriety checkpoints, although, I’ve not seen one of these (check points) in years and have never been stopped at one.
California facing higher $16 billion shortfall: California’s budget deficit has swelled to a projected $16 billion — much larger than had been predicted just months ago — and will force severe cuts to schools and public safety if voters fail to approve tax increases in November, Gov. Jerry Brown said Saturday. Isn’t that always the answer spend recklessly untill you’re broke, then force everyone else to pay for it via tax increases.
Michigan: Police Search Cell Phones During Traffic Stops: “Complete extraction of existing, hidden, and deleted phone data, including call history, text messages, contacts, images, and geotags,” a CelleBrite brochure explains regarding the device’s capabilities. “The Physical Analyzer allows visualization of both existing and deleted locations on Google Earth. In addition, location information from GPS devices and image geotags can be mapped on Google Maps.”
Whoopi Goldberg says she is a gun owner and NRA member: Color me shocked… 😯
Florida woman sentenced to 20 years in controversial warning shot case: Saying he had no discretion under state law, a judge sentenced a Jacksonville, Florida, woman to 20 years in prison Friday for firing a warning shot in an effort to scare off her abusive husband.
Today is the last day to enter our “Review my blog or book and win big” contest – the winner and links to all the reviews will be posted here tomorrow. Below is the full list of books and DVD’s up for grabs with this contest:
- How to live on wheat by John Hill
- Holding Your Ground by Joe Nobody
- Bug Out by Scott B.Williams
- Surviving The Economic Collapse by Fernando Ferfal Aguirre
- Strategic Relocation by Joel M Skousen
- Rancho Costa Nada by Phil Garlington
- Grid Down Reality Bites by Bruce “Buckshot” Hemming
- Sniper Training and Employment by Department of the Army
- Combatives FM 3-25.150 by U.S. Army
- Hawke’s Green Beret Survival Manual by Mykel Hawke
- Self-Sufficiency by Abigail R. Gehring
- Homesteading by Abigail R. Gehring
- Bruce Lee’s Fighting Method – Skill in Techniques by Bruce Lee and M. Uyehara
- Bruce Lee’s fighting Method – Basic Training by Bruce Lee and M. Uyehara
- Off The Grid by Nick Rosen
- Aircrew Survival by U.S. Air Force
- PVC Projects for the Outdoorsman by Tom Forbs
- Will To Live by Les Stroud
- The Black Science by Haha Lung
- Naked Into The Wilderness DVD by John & Geri McPherson
- Crash Course DVD by Chris Martenson
- Health Myths Exposed Shane Ellison
- The Prepper's Guide to Surviving the End of the World, as We Know It: Gear, Skills, and Related Know-How
- The Prepared Prepper's Cookbook: Over 170 Pages of Food Storage Tips, and Recipes From Preppers All Over America!
- Dirt-Cheap Survival Retreat: One Man's Solution
- 31 Days to Survival: A Complete Plan for Emergency Preparedness