1. This terrifying disease is a great reason not to move to California : “Doctors fighting the airborne fungal infection, which is especially prevalent in California and Arizona, describe hellish symptoms from skin lesions to stroke. It can also eat away bones and attack the brain.”
2. Dangerous Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria Transmitted From Animals to Humans : “Antibiotic-resistant bacteria, including the deadly MRSA, are growing in part as a result of the overuse of antibiotics in food animals.” Folks if possible raise (or hunt) for your meat.
3. What You Should Know About Drugs vs. Herbs : “Medicines, both herbal and pharmaceutical, are big business. These days, Americans spend $200 billion per year on prescription drugs and $20 billion on herbs and other dietary supplements.”
4. Aids map with numbers of infected for every county in the U.S. :Keep in mind that these are known cases, the actual number is probably much higher considering the fact that many with HIV don’t know that they have it.
5. 101M Get Food Aid from Federal Gov’t; Outnumber Full-Time Private Sector Workers : “The number of Americans receiving subsidized food assistance from the federal government has risen to 101 million, representing roughly a third of the U.S. population.” Economic recovery? Hope? Change? Food stamps.
6. IRS accidentally publishes thousands of Social Security numbers online : “When the Internal Revenue Service screws up, it screws up BIG. Someone at everyone’s favorite agency forgot to remove tens of thousands of Social Security numbers from a data-set while uploading it to a new online hub.”
7. The perils of watered-down Christianity : “Today there are a lot of people living a watered-down version of Christianity. What concerns me is that many of these people who are running around and saying they are Christians do not have lifestyles that back it up.”