1. Gen Martin Dempsey Warns Not To Strike Syria : “Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey has told Obama that a strike on Syria will end in involvement with Iran and Russia.”
2. How to Collect, Clean and Store Chicken Eggs : “I use a 3M scrub sponge to scrape off anything if it is dirty and then I refrigerate them. I have heard you don’t have to refrigerate them, and in Europe, they rarely refrigerate their eggs–with no ill side-effects. I think it is a personal preference.”
3. Cover Crops Basics – What Are They – And How And Why To Use Them For A Great Garden! : “Cover crops are simple to plant, easy to maintain, and easy to incorporate into the soil in the spring.”
4. Out of control – The Shocking Tales of 11 of the Most Over the Top US Police Paramilitary Raids and the Innocent People They Victimized : Recently, AlterNet reported on the wrongful police raid of an organic farm suspected of growing marijuana in Arlington, Texas. The massive SWAT team raid lasted for more than 10 hours and resulted in the seizure of vegetables and flowers—but no marijuana was found on the premises. This is not the first time police have used paramilitary tactics to raid people’s properties to enforce regulatory laws in the absence of any justifiable threat of harm. Here’s a list of the most outlandish SWAT team raids across the county.
5. Feds Fight to Stop Baptisms : “Meanwhile, all across our nation the federal government is teaming up with smaller public entities to accommodate the views and beliefs of American Muslims. Universities across the country have spent thousands of dollars installing foot baths for Muslim student to use before their daily prayers. The University of Michigan spent $25,000 on it’s own to install these foot baths on their Dearborn, MI campus.”
6. From Campingsurvival.com Hello, We started a huge Mountain House #10 can sale on the first of September that will last all of September. Here’s the link to this sale with 54% off #10 cans. This is huge and is the biggest yet.