1. Pentagon Concerned by China’s New High-Speed Missile : “China’s recent test of a new ultra-high speed strike vehicle highlights growing concerns that Chinese military advances will overtake those of the United States in as few as five years, a senior Pentagon official told Congress Tuesday.”
2. Poor sleep quality may accelerate cancer growth : “Poor quality of sleep marked by frequent waking can speed cancer growth and increase the disease’s aggressiveness, according to new research.”
3. Spineless – GOP ready to surrender on debt ceiling : “House Republicans are getting ready to surrender: There will be no serious fight over the debt limit.” Folks, looks like it might be a good time to look into the Tea Party and vote accordingly, in your state.
4. Are We On The Verge Of A Massive Emerging Markets Currency Collapse? : “A lot of Americans have always assumed that the U.S. dollar would be the first currency to collapse when the next great financial crisis happens. But actually, right now just the opposite is happening and it is causing chaos all over the planet.”
5. Aljazeera – Cyberwarfare greater threat to US than terrorism, say security experts : “Cyberwarfare is the greatest threat facing the United States – outstripping even terrorism – according to defense, military, and national security leaders in a Defense News poll, a sign that hawkish warnings about an imminent “cyber Pearl Harbor” have been absorbed in defense circles.”
6. Big Sis Says Cyber Attack WILL Bring Down Power Grid : ‘When Not If’ : Outgoing Homeland Security chief Janet Napolitano issued an ‘open letter’ to her successor warning that a cyber or physical event that knocks out the power grid will occur – and it is not a question of “if” but “when.”
7. U.S. Power Grid Vulnerable to Enemy Attack, Lawmakers Say : “Our enemies have the motive, the means, and the capacity to attack our grid with potentially catastrophic consequences,” Representative Ed Markey.”
8. The Next Pandemic: Not if, but When : “New forms of infectious disease make headlines, but not at the start. Every pandemic begins small. Early indicators can be subtle and ambiguous. When the Next Big One arrives, spreading across oceans and continents like the sweep of nightfall, causing illness and fear, killing thousands or maybe millions of people, it will be signaled first by quiet, puzzling reports from faraway places — reports to which disease scientists and public health officials.”
- The Prepper's Guide to Surviving the End of the World, as We Know It: Gear, Skills, and Related Know-How
- The Prepared Prepper's Cookbook: Over 170 Pages of Food Storage Tips, and Recipes From Preppers All Over America!
- Dirt-Cheap Survival Retreat: One Man's Solution
- 31 Days to Survival: A Complete Plan for Emergency Preparedness