1. Russia Threatens To Abandon The U.S. Dollar And Start Dumping U.S. Debt : “The Obama administration and the hotheads in Congress are threatening to hit Russia with “economic sanctions” for moving troops into Crimea. Yes, those sanctions would sting a little bit, but what our politicians should be made aware of is the fact that Russian officials are promising “to respond” if economic sanctions are imposed on them. As you will read about below, one top Kremlin adviser is even suggesting that Russia could abandon the U.S. dollar and start dumping U.S. debt.”
2. The New USA? Secession Movement Gains Steam : “If you mention the word “secession” most people think of the South during the Civil War. But today, a new movement is gaining steam because of frustration over a growing, out-of-control federal government.”
3. Putin Doesn’t Threaten Our National Security, Obama Does : “If Putin doesn’t take us seriously, is it any wonder? The headline in the March 2 Stars and Stripes beams: “Gay, lesbian troops perform in drag at Kadena Air Base” in Okinawa.”
4. Which parts of America are the most contaminated with arsenic? : Hotspots of contamination include New Jersey, Maryland and surrounding northeastern states as well as Michigan, Idaho, California, Arizona and Washington.
5. Oil prices spike on Russia sanctions fears : “Oil prices jumped nearly two dollars a barrel Monday as Russia’s military advance into Ukraine raised fears of economic sanctions against one of the world’s major energy producers. Natural gas prices surged at the prospect of a decrease in global supplies.”
6. Radio Shack to close up to 1,100 stores : “Radio Shack announced today that it will close up to 1,100 of its underperforming stores after the electronics retailer said holiday sales last year “were driven by lower store traffic, intense promotional activity particularly in consumer electronics and a very soft mobility marketplace.”
7. Tennessee “Stand Your Ground” Law : “This bill specifies that a person not engaged in an unlawful activity and attacked in any other place the person has a right to be would have no duty to retreat and would have the right to stand ground, meeting force with force, including deadly force if the person reasonably believes it is necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony. Any individual who unlawfully and by force enters and attempts to enter a person’s dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle would be presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.”
8. When states start considering and even passing laws such as this one you know that things are getting bad – State Passes Law to Legalize Shooting Police : “All too often, we see examples of cops breaking into the wrong house and shooting the family dog, or worse, killing a member of the family. Well, Indiana has taken action to “recognize the unique character of a citizen’s home and to ensure that a citizen feels secure in his or her own home against unlawful intrusion by another individual or a public servant.”