Howdy and welcome to TheSurvivalistBlog.net, one of the oldest and most informative survival and preparedness websites on the web.
The website is run by Dan F. Sullivan, owner of SurvivalSullivan.com and his right-hand, Tara Dodrill. The rest of the team is comprised of highly-experienced preppers, homesteaders and firearms experts with a wealth of knowledge to share.
Dan has been in the online prepping world since 2012, though he first started the homestead life ever since he was only 5 years old. The transition from a homesteading mindset to a prepping mindset made sense, and over the past years he’s been recruiting the brightest minds in the prepping community to share their knowledge with the rest of the world.
Let’s meet some of them…
Tara Dodrill has built a little slice of heaven in the Appalachian Mountains, where she and her survival tribe members live on a 56-acre farm. You can’t even begin to imagine the kinds of things they do, grow or raise there:
- free-ranging goats, chickens and horses
- digging their own root-cellars
- digging their own root cellars
- baling their own hay
- building playhouses and play areas for the children
- sewing their own clothes
In fact, they don’t even have telephone lines, neither are they plugged to the municipal utilities. They’re as off-the grid as anyone can be, and though life can be tough sometimes, it’s definitely NOT boring.
Charles Yor is an experienced firearms expert, prepper, and a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment. His area of expertise is firearms, but his prepping articles are also excellent.
Megan Stewart is our oldest team member (after Dan). Being a mother of 4 and grandmother of 6, she can give single mothers valuable tips on how to prep with lots of little ones around them.
She pays a great deal of attention to detail, and likes to tackle all prepping topics from every angle.
Nick O’Low is our in-house wilderness survival expert. It’s not just his vast experience, but also the fact that he started out very hung.
Charles Yor is our guns expert, and also a firearms instruction, with an amazing in-depth knowledge on the topic. You can read his articles here.
Anyone else? Occasionally, there will be other authors joining the team, so really the best way is to stay tuned to the blog for new articles. We publish a new piece every other day, and I’m constantly looking for folks interested in sharing their knowledge on topics ranging from homesteading, prepping and wilderness survival, to first-aid, natural remedies, permaculture, and DIY. If you’d like to join the team or know someone who’d be a good fit for us, use the contact form to get in touch with Dan Sullivan.
No, I’m not trying to bore you with vague, useless mission statements. The direction TSB is going to is clear, concise and bold:
- We want to grow one of the largest prepping communities here.
- We’re advocates of sensitive, logical prepping, meaning we’re no Doomsday scare-mongerers. Everyday emergencies are more important, but having a long-term survival plan is also critical.
- We see homesteading as one of the best ways to prepare for the long term.
- We’re also proud of our weekly preps section, where members of the community have an opportunity to share their prepping progress. Keeping oneself accountable is hands-down the best way to make measurable progress.
If you have any questions or suggestions – anything at all, really! – feel free to reach out to us via our contact form.