I’ve seen lots of comments posted in response to my recent article on heating your home in a long-term grid-down situation suggesting building a “rocket mass heater” for heat inside the home, and while these things can work, most people aren’t going to build one of these things inside their homes so I did not include it in my article.
I keep my articles practical and give information that will help the most people, and if it isn’t practical and or no one reading it will actually build it then I leave it out.
I wonder how many people suggesting this in the comments of that post have actually built one of these “rocket mass heaters” inside their homes…
If you have then email me – I’d love to publish an article on it, how you did it and what you’ve learned with original photos of the build.
And good luck getting building permits and or homeowners insurance to pay if you’re using one of these things now inside your home and end up burning it down because of faulty DIY construction…
Okay, not what did I do to prep this week…
- Got in four more cords of seasoned firewood.
- Have a chimney sweep coming today at 1:00 to sweep my chimney (it’s a good idea to do this every year).
- Bought new firebrick to “rebrick” my wood stove which I’ll do today after the chimney has been cleaned.
- Finished reading the book Why Civilizations Self-Destruct
- Ordered the book Novice to Expert: 6 Steps to Learn Anything, Increase Your Knowledge, and Master New Skills
Well, folks, that’s it for me this week… what about you… what did you do to prep this week?